In Bulgaria, in violation of international and domestic legislation, authorities intern asylum-seekers in closed police institutions, depriving them of their most basic human right – the right to freedom.
In 2011, 588 asylum-seeking refugees were confined in police detention centres. 64 of them were children.
This is not simply illegal. It is inhumane. Make a change. Sign the petition at zakrila.bghelsinki.org.
* Use of documentary footage from the Temporary Accommodation Centre in Lyubimets.
Idea and client
- concept – Yana Burer Tavanier & Andrey Getov
- client – Bulgarian Helsinki Committee
- release date: November 2012
- filming format: HD
- screening formats: HD, HDV, BD, BetaSP, DVD, DV
- picture: colour, 1.78:1
- sound: stereo 2.0
- runtime: 35 sec
- original language: Bulgarian
- subtitles: English, Bulgarian
- website: monoco.eu/protection